- Preparatory Process
- Past Summits
i. Virtual conference within 26-28 hours
ii. Two common sessions are proposed at the beginning and at the end regardless of the time;
iii. three continental sessions for participants in each region to participate.
iv. Participants are allowed to send in their questions on a session even though they are unable to participate in a particular session.
v. Every session will be recorded and immediately uploaded to the summit website for ease of access to participants.
vi. In general, all registered participants are allowed to take part in every session.
vii. General structure:
- Common opening session - All participants to attend these session
o Opening remarks, may include
- Opening by Commissioner or Director General - “The EU beliefs that global collaboration in research is essential to create the necessary evidence base for policy making. The partnership between the Commission’s Knowledge Centre and GADRI/EUDRI helps bridge the gap between the academic world and the policy world.”
- Assistant Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction in the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- President Kyoto University and Director, DPRI, Kyoto University;
- SG, GADRI/Chair, BoD, GADRI
- Continent Plenary and group discussion sessions
o At least one Keynote speech
o At least three to four discussion groups
o One panel session with rapporteur from each group
- Common Panel session, wrap-up; and closing Session - All participants to attend these session
o Each continent rapporteur to represent the group discussion sessions
o Closing session – closing remarks
Registration will close on Saturday, 28th August 2021 at 12:00 hours (noon) Japan Standard Time (JST)
A final extension of the deadline for registrations -
31 Aug. 2021 - 01 Sep. 2021
5th Global Summit of Research Institutes for Disaster Risk Reduction