- Past Summits
The Sixth Global Summit of GADRI will give an opportunity for participants to participate in its poster session.
Poster Session :
- Indicate institute’s research activities/achievements/implementations in support of the Sendai Framework Priority Areas.
- Young scientists are also welcome to submit an outline/abstract of the posters along the lines of the proposed conference themes/panel group discussion sessions.
- The poster should be along the same guidelines of the “Registration for Poster Presentation” below.
Registration for Poster Presentation :
- Those who are planning to present, need to register for the summit; and the poster presentation session by 25th December 2022. The registration links are listed below.
- Abstracts should be between 200 to 300 words.
- The summit accepts maximum of two abstract submissions per person.
・Registration form for 6th Global Summit of GADRI:
・Registration form for Poster Presentation of 6th Global Summit of GADRI:
General guidelines for poster presentation:
- All posters are along the lines of the proposed conference theme and panel discussion topics of the 6th Global Summit of GADRI.
- All contributions are relevant to policy makers and directed towards global disaster risk assessment – not only hazards – dimensions to assess the risks.
- Posters should contribute to the targets of the Science and Technology Roadmap for the implementation of the priority areas of the Sendai Framework Agenda; and/or the agenda of COP28. Make sure to indicate the Sendai Framework Priority Area/s related to your research work.
- Posters could be reporting on research challenges, contributions, achievements, etc. It is important to framework the data in terms of - whether it is global, national, or local. These dimensions are important.
- With hazards, it is important to mention whether it is technological, natural or others aspects, is it on exposure, or vulnerability, or hazards. This will be a good way to summarize the current status of science and research targets.
- Selected abstracts will have the opportunity to publish the paper in the Proceedings of the 6th Global Summit of GADRI.
- Please use the Springer house styles for preparing the abstract and the full paper - https://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/book-authors-editors/your-publication-journey/manuscript-preparation
Themes of the Panel Group Discussion Sessions:
- Panel Discussion Session I-A: Towards GADRI Objectives of Achieving a Sustainable and Resilient Society Against Disasters
- GADRI Obj. I: Committee on Networking
- GADRI Obj. II: Committee on Science & Technology Roadmap
- GADRI Obj. III: Committee on Institutional Capacity Development
- GADRI Obj. II: Committee on Data and Information Sharing
- GADRI Obj. II: Committee on Advocacy
- Panel Discussion II: New Challenges for Actions by GADRI
- II-A: Big Science for DRR: Large-scale experiment facilities
- II-B: Sustainable DRR: Integrating climate action, SDGs and DRR
- II-C: Inclusive and equitable DRR : Gender and Inclusivity in DRR Policy and Practice
- II-D: COVID 19 recovery and building disaster resilience
- II-E: Youth and DRR
Abstract Submission instructions:
Use the link to finish registration for poster presentation:
- Registration form for Poster Presentation of 6th Global Summit of GADRI:
If you cannot access the above link, please inform the GADRI Secretariat using the following e-mail - email@example.com.
• When inputting your name in the Registration form, please use your full name as the file name.
• Clearly indicate the Sendai Framework Priority Area/s and whether your presentation is reflecting your institute’s research activities/achievements along the same lines.
• At the 6th Global Summit registration form, please register with the same name used for the poster registration.
- Registration form for 6th Global Summit of GADRI:
The GADRI Secretariat will award 15 GADRI Scholarships to Best Poster Abstract submitted for the Poster Session of the 6th Global Summit of GADRI to well-deserving young scientists up to the age of 35. In awarding the scholarships, while developing country candidates will be given priority, geographical and gender balance will be taken into account.
20 January 2023 - Poster Session
20 January 2023 - GADRI Scholarships
20 January 2023 - Seeds and Needs - Networking with Institutes Session
20 January 2023 - GADRI Survey
15-17 March 2023 - 6th Global Summit of GADRI at DPRI, Kyoto University, Uji Campus, Kyoto, Japan