To reach the proposed objectives, GADRI will engage in general key activities with its member institutions as follows:
- Planning and organization of collaborative disaster risk research initiatives
- Formation of international research groups to investigate current global disasters, and implement new research methodologies
- Establishment of an international network for timely communication related to natural disaster research
- Organization of conferences, workshops and meetings
- Dissemination and sharing of information, publications, reports, data, etc.
- Facilitation of rapid reconnaissance field surveys following disasters
- Preparation of GADRI news releases, policy recommendations, news bulletins, research reports, and other publications.