Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GP2022)
The registration for the seventh session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GP2022) is now open through a new dedicated GP2022 website. The GP2022 website contains all relevant information related to the event before, during and after the conference. In addition to the registration, the new website contains detailed information on the background and purpose of the GP2022, the preparatory process, programme, and venue. More detailed information, including a dynamic agenda, will be made available at a later stage.
Guidance and timelines on how to apply for side-events, the Innovation Platform, and the Ignite stage are posted on the "Apply for an event" page. Please see below important deadlines:
- Side Events: 4 - 31 January 2022
- Innovation Platform: 15 December 2021 - 23 January 2022
- Ignite Stage: 15 December 2021 - 31 January 2022
As the conference nears, the website will be updated with statements from Member States and other stakeholders. During the GP2022, broadcast of sessions will be made available on the website. After the conference, the website will be a repository for key documents and proceedings from the event.
1. Next Steps Organizing Team
Please find attached the final version of the concept note. Kindly note that the list of speakers is not final and will only be confirmed this week. As soon as we have the final list, we will share it for your information. The Global Platform team will reach out to the confirmed speakers in January.
2. Words into Action on Multi-hazard Early Warning System
Please see below the timeline for the production of the WiA for your information:
- January and April 2022: Drafting WiA guide with contributions from partners, including the call for good practices which is now published for your circulation.
- May 2022: Public review, including technical consultation workshops related to the specific aspects of the WiA during the International Conference Multi-hazard Early Warning Conference (IC-MHEWC, organized during the prep-days of the GP22)
- June to September 2022: Revision, finalization and production
- 13 October 2022: Launch of WiA guide
In addition, the Call for good practices was launch at the end of 2021: