- About Members
- Member Institutes
- China, People's Republic of
- European Commission
- Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- Korea, Republic of
- Lao PDR
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Chinese Taipei
- United Kingdom
- United States
- GADRI Archives
The new Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, calls for the need of focused action across sectors by States at local, national, regional and global levels and four priority areas are identified as follows:
- Priority 1: Understanding disaster risk
- Priority 2: Strengthening disaster risk governance to manage disaster risk
- Priority 3: Investing in disaster risk reduction for resilience
- Priority 4: Enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response and to "Build Back Better" in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Research would be primarily be based along the following projects:
i. Flagship / Cross-cutting Projects:
Projects which aims at development of methodologies, information platforms and sharing evidence-based materials among GADRI members.
- GADRI Disaster Effects Portal (GDEP)
- Risk Assessment Platform
- Capacity Building
- DRR-IMPASSE "Disaster Risk Reduction Implementation Assessment"
ii. Thematic Projects:
Projects involved with research topics to enhance collaboration between members of GADRI who share interest in a same thematic research field.
- INTERA-NATECH：INTER-Asian initiative on joint NAtural and TECHnological (Natech) risk reduction at industrial estates.
- Geohazard Mitigation on the New Innovation in Science and Engineering (GEMINI)
- Climate Change Impact Assessment and Adaptation
iii. Trans-disciplinary and Region Specific Projects:
Projects concentrating in case studies to solve real world problems in a specific case study area.
- Wadi Flash Floods in the Arab Region
 Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2020
[ 15 December 2015 ]