GADRI seeks to contribute to enhancing disaster risk reduction and disaster resilience in close collaboration with organizations around the world through sharing of information, knowledge, experiences and ideas on disaster research.
To achieve the above purpose, GADRI has the following objectives:
- To establish a global research network
- To provide a research road map, and plans and organization of disaster research groups
- To promote capacity development of disaster research institutes and enhance researcher and student exchange
- To promote exchange and sharing of data and information for scientific research across the globe
- To serve as an advocacy organization to speak with one voice in an effort to influence decision-making processes.