- Preparatory Process
- Past Summits
Abstracts, key words and final paper (minimum 3,000 words) to be submitted prior to the Conference by 30th April 2021.
General principles for abstract, keywords and papers:
- All papers are along the lines of the proposed themes of the 5th Global Summit of GADRI.
- All contributions are relevant to policy makers and directed towards global disaster risk assessment – not only hazards – dimensions to assess the risks.
- Papers should contribute to the targets of the Science and Technology Roadmap for the implementation of the priority areas of the Sendai Framework Agenda; and the agenda of COP26.
- Papers could be reporting on research challenges, contributions, achievements, etc. It is important to framework the data in terms of - whether it is global, national, or local. These dimensions are important. With hazards, it is important to mention whether it is technological, natural or others aspects, is it on exposure, or vulnerability, or hazards. This will be a good way to summarize the current status of science and research targets.
- As an appendix, all contributors should ideally deliver 1-page science for policy brief (who for, what is the policy question, what are the facts, what is the recommendation...).
- Sendai Roadmap: scoring - Make it attractive to respond properly: catalogue of R&D.
- Selected papers will be published in the Proceedings of the 5th Global Summit of GADRI.
5th Global Summit of Research Institutes for Disaster Risk Reduction
Date: 31 Aug. 2021 - 01 Sep. 2021